TURF TIGER HYDRAULIC SYSTEM
Heavy-Duty is an Understatement.
The Scag Turf Tiger features dual Hydro-Gear 16cc hydraulic pumps. 16cc pumps feature a 60% larger displacement than the 10cc pumps used by some other "commercial" mowers on the market today.
That means with every revolution of the pump, the 16cc pump moves 60% more fluid when compared to a 10cc pump. This extra hydraulic displacement means more productivity and more power to the drive wheels.
- Extra large input shaft and input bearings
- Formed o-rings
- Pressure relief valves built in
- Large rebuildable rotating group
- Built-in cooling fan on 12mph models
- 16cc of fluid displacement per revolution
- 1250 PSI (86 bar) operating pressure (continuous)
- Provides solid power even under heavy loads
- Pressure relief valves to help protect the system from pressure spikes
- Diesel and larger horsepower gas models (12mph ground speed units) feature a cooling fan mounted directly to each hydraulic pump, providing additional cooling for added pump life.
- Auxiliary oil coolers are standard equipment on every Scag Turf Tiger. They keep oil temperatures within a safe operating level and add to system life.
- Oil coolers and a large oil reservoir keeps oil cool and adds to system life
- 20W50 engine oil is used in the hydraulic system for ease of maintenance cost versus expensive synthetics